Tuesday, January 28, 2014

One Year And Counting

A year ago today, Global Montreal Morning News made its modest debut. At times during those early days, we felt like we were in the driver’s seat and to go along with those moments of supreme confidence, there were many more moments when we felt like we were flying by the seat of our pants.

And our pants were on fire.

A year later, we’ve got a show we’re proud of and it’s a show Montrealers appreciate and enjoy for a variety of reasons.

Thankfully, Camille, Jessica and I haven’t throttled each other yet, which means the initial chemistry is largely intact and our on-air energy, ever-present.

One year later
Admittedly, there have been tweaks and, based on your preferences and ours, there will continue to be tweaks. We continue to strive for perfection because we know it's out there!

There have been breathtaking high points and difficult low points for all of us working on the show. In the end, we all care very much about the product.

I always have a hard time believing I get paid to do some of the things I’ve done in broadcasting and this past year came with plenty of relevant examples. I got to meet James Blunt, Jason Derulo, Murray Head, Sarah Brightman, GinoVanelli, Matt Dusk, Steve Hill, Jonas and many more incredibly talented musicians. I met amazing athletes like Mikael Kingsbury, Travis Gerritts, Sebastien Toutant and, last week, Anthony Calvillo. Yes, I danced the twist with Chubby Checker and, of course, I got to sit down with former ISS commander, Chris Hadfield.

I’m fortunate to work with such sincerely passionate contributors as Jay, Eric, Marc, Micaela, Pearle, Iris and Vanessa!

The guests who come in for interviews on our television show put so much trust in you. I’m always honored. Many people who come in for interviews would rather jump out an airplane, as one reluctant interviewee frantically explained!

We do want to hear any comments viewers have to offer. Our show belongs to our viewers. Global Montreal Morning News continues to grow, but I’ve got news for you, Montreal; we’re just hitting our stride, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment