Friday, October 12, 2012

Not A Creature Was Stirring

The station thoughtfully sent out a memo, reminding everyone our Christmas photo would be taken this afternoon at 4 o'clock.

I thought of it at one point today while I was driving from somewhere to somewhere else. As I thought of it, I thought, "I'm going to forget"! Then, I thought I should rehearse it over and over in my head; "Christmas picture. Christmas picture". That way, I thought I would surely boost my odds of remembering to grab a festive hat or scarf from our stash of Christmas supplies at home!

By the time I got home, the thought had, evidently, disappeared in a puff of grey tinsel matter. In my brain, not a creature was stirring.

Consequently, I ended up leaning against the wall behind my boss for the photo, with a Global Christmas stocking clinging strangely to one side of my red polar fleece.

It's amazing; even though I thought about it and then thought I'd forget, I couldn't help myself! I love Christmas, but there I go, letting myself down!

I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment