Wednesday, April 18, 2012

FTJ!

At around four o’clock this afternoon, Karen opened her office door and announced to staff within earshot, I had been hired as a full-time Anchor/Reporter. To a smattering of applause and some cheers, I responded, “thank-you”.

My News Director, Karen and former Assistant News Director, Alex, have been steadfast believers in my talent and work and I owe them a debt of gratitude for reaching out to me when they needed someone to replace Jamie during her maternity leave. Afterward, thanks to a variety of temporary arrangements, Karen kept me employed and smiling.

I am honored to have earned Karen’s trust with this full-time position, our late-night newscast and our determined and worthy television station.

Since being laid-off in 2008 when Global’s morning show “This Morning Live” was cancelled, it has been a long and, at times, frightening haul. My incredible friends, Susan and Tristan, never stopped believing in me and their unwavering affection and support provided the motivation I sought to continue digging, scrapping and finding work, as well as always doing it to the best of my ability.

I must thank Andre Douillard at Productions Maj for investing his support, as well as several other multimedia firms who gave me a chance to prove myself as a scriptwriter, translator, writer, researcher, content developer, copywriter, narrator and voice actor.

Anchoring Global Montreal’s “News Final” program is great fun and so is hosting the station’s weekly interview show, “Focus Montreal”. Thanks to everyone at Global Montreal for their congratulations today – and thanks to co-workers Sylvain, Ziad, Paul, Dan and David for the much-appreciated positivism they’ve poured out over the last couple of years.

I hope to help Global Montreal boost viewership. Check us out as we keep tabs on this wacky, wild world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment