Sunday, May 29, 2011

Song 5000

I just happened to check the number of songs on my iPod the other day.
I was at 4996.
I loaded three songs from The Asteroids Galaxy Tour and decided to see whether I could come up with an especially significant 5000th song to download.
It's been a few days.
I asked a few people for suggestions.
My wife simply exclaimed, "I can't imagine any songs which you don't already have!"
My sister-in-law, Kim, visiting from Calgary, suggested "Crazy River" by Robbie Roberston.
After confirming to my son that I might quote their suggestions in this blog, he stared up at the ceiling thoughtfully and said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
He suggested I make that his quote.
Always helpful, that boy, lol.
I happened to hear a song I liked by the New Radicals the other day.
I liked it when it first came out in 1998 and decided to download it.
The title is kind of philosophical, as well as being good advice - "You Get What You Give".
Here's the album.



The song reached number 36 on the US Billboard Top 100 and number 1 on the RPM Canadian Singles Chart.
I like the song, I like the title.
What else is there?
There you have it; "You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals, song number 5000 on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment