Monday, August 2, 2010

I Tarzan, Me Yell!

Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." I certainly don't mean to speak for Mr. Einstein, but, while he would have likely declared the Internet entirely comprehensible, my mind reels at its obvious incomprehensibility.

The same people who now seek to expose the Higgs boson, the so-called "God particle", created the Internet. Tim Berners-Lee and other scientists at CERN, the European particle physics laboratory, made it happen with the system and the global hypertext language behind the "http" on website addresses. The world wide web celebrated its 20th anniversary in March 2009. The founders, Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau, say they are bothered by the commercialization of the web and by identity invaders and "snoopers".

Now, here I am, curious to contribute a voice to incomprehensible cyberspace. Why am I curious to contribute a voice to incomprehensible cyberspace? That's a darn good question and one for which I wish I had a darn good answer. Perhaps it's the same reason why, decades ago, I stood within the ruins of Kenilworth Castle and bellowed the best Tarzan yell I could muster...just to see whether anyone could hear me.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the Jungle Richard. You are in for a wild ride, enjoy, and open a tweet account when you are ready to move to the next blogging level.
    Camilo

    ReplyDelete